World Malaria Day Stakeholder’s Meeting
April 28, 2017
St. Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Organized by: Corporate Alliance on Malaria in Africa (CAMA)
World Malaria Day offers an annual opportunity to highlight advances in malaria prevention and control and to commit to continued investment and action to accelerate progress against this deadly disease. This year’s theme “End Malaria for Good” is a call to action for all sectors, including public, private and civil society. For us to achieve the ultimate goal of eliminating malaria, there must be increased funding, political will and awareness. The global health community needs to intensify collaboration efforts within and across sectors. Partnering with the private sector, who has been a leader in financing and implementing successful malaria control programs, can only help to accelerate impact on malaria programs in-country.
GBCHealth will convene 40-50 stakeholders in Nigeria through its Corporate Alliance on Malaria (CAMA) initiative with the following objectives and anticipated outcomes.
- Mobilize Business Leaders to support collective action towards reducing malaria prevalence in Nigeria
- Discuss malaria control best practices, new initiatives and identify collaboration opportunities for scale-up of malaria interventions
- Share the work of GBCHealth’s Corporate Alliance on Malaria in Africa (CAMA) over the past two years in Nigeria
- Improved corporate sector understanding of the urgency in malaria control and the journey towards elimination
- Interest from 1-2 companies to partner with other stakeholders to advance malaria control interventions
37th Global Fund Board Meeting
May 2 – 4, 2017
Organized by: The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
The Global Fund Board will convene for an in-person meeting on May 2-4th in Kigali, Rwanda. The first day will consist of pre-Board Meeting briefings on key discussion items at the Board Meeting and is open to all Board constituency members. The Board Meeting will focus on review and approval of the 2016 financial report and the 2016 financial statements, revisions to the restricted financial contributions policy, and amendments to the quality assurance policy for diagnostic products. The Board will also appoint a new Board Chair and Vice Chair for a two-year term from 2017-2019.
Space is restricted and attendance is only open to Board Members, Alternate Board Members, Focal Points, and select delegation members. Fourteen members of the Global Fund Private Sector Delegation (PSD) under the leadership of Paul Schaper, MSD and Julie Essiam, Ecobank will represent the private sector at the meetings. Contact email@example.com for more information.