January 14, 2016
10:00 – 11:30 AM EST
GBCHealth, in partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Corporate Citizenship Center, hosted a webinar with a select group of corporate partners to introduce the Health Credit Exchange (HCX) – a new GBCHealth innovative financing initiative. The webinar provided insights into the structure and function of the initiative and highlighted opportunities for companies to expand their social investment footprints into new markets, scale existing social programs through co-investment, and operate at the forefront of program innovation.
- The HCX is a Donor Advised Fund that pools grant contributions from small and large companies, both local and global, and pays program implementers based on performance. Investors are able to drive and scale better health outcomes and receive verified results to improve the accountability and reporting of their social investment programs.
- The HCX mobilizes new and additional resources from the private sector to support the improvement of health outcomes for individuals and communities in alignment with the newly adopted Sustainable Development Goals and national health strategies.
- Through the fund, implementing partners earn catalytic growth capital—annual infusions of capital based on results, enabling them to accelerate scale and ensure the continuity of the program and its impact.
- For a more in-depth conversation on the Health Credit Exchange and specific opportunities for your company, contact Ian Matthews, Director of Innovative Financing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access the full event summary here.
- Shuma Panse, Director of Programs, GBCHealth (moderator)
- Jeff Lundy, Director, Health and Wellness Program, Corporate Citizenship Center, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Nancy Wildfeir-Field, President, GBCHealth
- Ian Matthews, Director, Innovative Financing, GBCHealth
- Jami Taylor, Senior Director, Global Access Policy, Janssen Global Services
Click here for more information about innovative financing at GBCHealth.