If you are interested in contributing to GBCHealth’s mission and have specific skills and expertise that you feel might help advance our programming and organizational development, please contact us at email@example.com. We are especially interested in individuals with strong backgrounds in business, partnership development and public health.
Current Employment Opportunities:
This position is based in New York, NY.
The Global Fund represents one of the most efficient avenues for business investment in the three pandemics, while also providing opportunities for co-financing and collaboration on the ground. To date, the Global Fund has committed USD 23.7 billion in funding to more than 1,000 programs in more than 140 countries—an unprecedented investment. GBCHealth serves the role of Focal Point for the Global Fund Private Sector Delegation (PSD), a group of companies committed to supporting the Global Fund’s mission to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria.
The Global Fund PSD internship offers a hands-on learning opportunity for graduate and senior undergraduate students seeking exposure to corporate social responsibility and public health issues. The PSD Intern will be involved in researching companies’ engagement with HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria; tracking Global Fund programs, policies and announcements; assisting with preparation for Global Fund Board meetings; drafting news items for the website, ereaders, newsletters and print publications; developing presentations and communication materials; summarizing reports; note-taking at meetings and teleconferences; copy-editing print publications produced by the department; and conducting ad-hoc research on Global Fund issues as needed. Also, the Intern will at times perform administrative duties, including organizing correspondence, managing event logistics, coordinating e-mail and print mailings, arranging travel, and providing database support/maintenance.
This internship will span four months, with the possibility of an extension. All interested candidates should be available part-time, for a minimum of 20 hours per week. Full time is preferred. The intern will report to the Program Officer and Focal Point to the Global Fund Private Sector Delegation.
- Monthly PSD e-reader: Monitor the Global Fund website, PSD mailbox and other sources for new and relevant communication to share with the PSD Advisory Group. Draft the monthly summary e-mail.
- PSD newsletter: Assist with drafting articles.
- PSD annual report: Support research, design and drafting of the PSD annual report.
- PSD web page: Assist in drafting Global Fund/PSD specific articles for the GBCHealth website.
- PSD marketing materials: Update the PSD PowerPoint presentation, contact lists and one-pager, as needed.
Events (virtual and in-person):
- Quarterly calls: Track participants and take notes for calls.
- Other teleconferences: Track participants and take notes for PSD task force calls and other calls, as needed.
- Global Fund Board Meetings: Track participant attendance, draft report summaries and assist with
- Event takeaways: Draft summary reports for PSD events that staff attend (for Focal Point review) to share with Advisory Group and on GBCHealth’s website.
- Prepare meeting and conference call notes for review.
- Assist in tracking PSD member information—participation in meetings and teleconferences,
communications received, invoice payment, value delivered and other activities.
- Ensure PSD and Global Fund folders on the GBCHealth shared drive are organized and up-to-date.
- Update Salesforce with PSD activities and engagement with companies
Research and briefing:
- Summarize Global Fund documents and audit reports for dissemination to Advisory Group, as needed.
- Prepare company briefs and conduct research to identify potential new PSD members and/or private
sector donors to the Global Fund.
- Strong writing, editing and research experience and skills
- Experience in project management and managing competing priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail, highly organized and ability to multi-task and adapt in a dynamic
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience working in an international organization a plus
- Advanced command of design software a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce a plus
- Public health and strategic communications graduate students
- Recently graduated undergraduates with experience or interest in communications, business and public health
- GBCHealth’s Internship program provides students and professionals with a rich learning experience in a dynamic global organization.
- The program is not salaried. However, a modest stipend is provided.
Send your resume and cover letter to Georgia Kinsley (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the subject line, enter “PSD summer-fall 2018” along with your first and last name. For example: PSD summer-fall 2018, Jane Doe. No phone calls please. We will only respond to those candidates whose qualifications most closely match the internship description.