If you are interested in contributing to GBCHealth’s mission and have specific skills and expertise that you feel might help advance our programming and organizational development, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are especially interested in individuals with strong backgrounds in business, partnership development and public health.
Current Employment Opportunities:
GBCHealth is the preeminent organization focused on mobilizing positive business engagement in global health. Our vision is a global business community that is fully contributing its assets, skills, influence and reach to create a healthier world for employees, their families, and their communities. GBCHealth serves as a hub and a neutral convener for business engagement, catalyzing private sector action and investments, providing platforms to build knowledge and multi-stakeholder collaboration, driving programmatic and policy impact, and offering tools and advisory support to enhance a company’s ability to address health challenges in the workplace, in communities and collectively at a national, regional or global level. GBCHealth works with companies of all sizes to guide, support, encourage and champion their engagement in global health. GBCHealth is at an exciting pivotal point in its 18-year history. Having recently launched ABCHealth (African Business Coalition for Health), in partnership with the leading African private foundation, it is applying its years of experience to support the capacity of an African network of business champions to address African health issues. To achieve its mission GBCHealth also works closely with the United Nations, U.S. government, many foreign governments, multilateral organizations and civil society.
GBCHealth has partnered with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) to engage the private sector, to elevate dialogue and action around women’s health and the Demographic Dividend agenda, driving new partnerships, which empower women, girls and youth and improve access to high-quality sexual and reproductive health products and services. Through this work, GBCHealth will catalyze and strengthen cross-sector partnerships between UNFPA, companies and other key stakeholders – encouraging and facilitating contributions to the design, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of relevant programs.
In recent years, the private sector has expressed a strong desire to move from talk to action in the global health arena. Corporate participation will take many forms including technical advice, training, advocacy, demand generation and funding. GBCHealth will work alongside UNFPA to organize the private sector into a cohesive voice advocating for key aspects of women’s health and the Demographic Dividend agenda, while, at the same time, mobilizing individual companies or small groups to replicate and scale effective programs and/or to develop and support new initiatives or elements within them. Together we will capitalize on the breadth of resources and capacities private sector brings to the table.
To deliver on this work GBCHealth is recruiting a Project Manager on a full-time retainer contract, with potential to transition to full-time employment. The Project Manager will collaborate with a small team, which includes communications, finance staff and senior leadership.
Objectives of Position:
Key objectives for this post include:
- Raise visibility and educate companies on health issues critical to realizing the demographic dividend;
- Provide direct avenues for companies to partner to improve SRHR outcomes; and
- Stimulate advocacy and policy dialogue across sectors, for true multi-sector and cross-border solutions.
The project manager will lead engagement with the private sector on UNFPA WCARO’s agenda in particular. Key responsibilities, amongst others will include:
- Partner identification and relationship management: research, engage and recruit prospective partners
- Coordination and facilitation: lead partnership dialogues, meetings, communications, including logistics e.g. speaker identification, invitation dissemination and tracking of RSVPs
- Relationship management: manage key partnerships and relationships with senior executives; and UNFPA country, HQ staff and leadership
- Awareness raising: coordinate marketing and outreach strategies to engage and recruit prospective partners
- Project coordination: liaise with GBCHealth and UNFPA country, regional and HQ offices to support partner recruitment and coordinate processes. Develop staff-level relationships with UNFPA including periodic check-in meeting to coordinate expectations and processes. Feed insights into weekly GBCH team meetings
- Monitoring: create framework for monitoring private sector engagement and commitments, measure progress, and report results
- Communications: lead on messaging, drafting original content and identifying strategic outlets for placing content in collaboration with GBCHealth team
- Advocacy and representation: represent and present partnership activities at meetings, forums, conferences etc.
- Partnership/project champion: identify partnership opportunities with national and regional offices, seeding ideas across organizations and sectors; Develop relationships with UNFPA SWEDD Country Coordinators and priority Ministries in target countries
- Reporting: adhere to UNFPA reporting requirements and ensure on-time reporting and submission of quarterly reports
The Project Manager must be committed to health as a human right, particularly as it relates to sexual and reproductive health rights, and must demonstrate a positive, open attitude and willingness to work hard in fast-paced environments where teamwork and partnership are essential. In addition, you must be:
- Passionate about your work, persuasive, enthusiastic, energized, team player
- Entrepreneurial with hands on approach towards business; disciplined, proactive, self-starter
- Flexible, adaptable, problem-solving attitude
- Strong relationship and project manager
- Comfortable working with diverse staff with different backgrounds
Qualifications and Experience
- Master of Public Health (M.P.H), relevant Master’s Degree in areas of international development, health or political science or Bachelor’s Degree and equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in relevant field
- Experience working with the private sector on global health and development issues; experience and knowledge of public-private partnerships required; experience and knowledge of Francophone Africa a distinct advantage
- Knowledge and capacity for thoughtful analysis of international development and public health issues with a preferred focus in family planning, sexual and reproductive health rights, maternal, child and adolescent health
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to write knowledgably on complex policy issues with support of communications team
- Strong partnership and relationship management and facilitation skills, including experience establishing and maintaining relationships with corporate leaders, a client-focused attitude and dedication to meet and exceed expectations of external partners
- Self-starter with the ability to be self-directed, to manage an independent work load and to identify priorities and new opportunities with minimal supervision
- Strong project management skills, including capacity to establish and implement a structured work plan with clear objectives, timelines and deliverables, and to build and manage an annual project budget
- Strong organizational and time management abilities, including ability to manage and deliver against multiple, overlapping short-, medium-, and long-term priorities
- Ability to represent program and GBCHealth internally and externally at appropriate level
- Willingness to travel internationally (within the Sahel region and beyond), including long hours during and in the lead up to specific priority meetings or events
- Bi-lingual fluency in English and French is a significant advantage
This position may be based in the US (NYC preferred) or potentially within the Sahel region of West Africa (relocation not covered). Consultant will manage project deliverables as detailed in the UNFPA-GBCHealth Work Plan.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should email resumes to email@example.com.
Rather than send a cover letter, please respond to the following questions in the body of your email:
- What makes you interested and especially qualified for this position?
- What is most important to you about your work environment?
Salary will be commensurate with experience and will observe UNFPA guidelines. No phone calls please.
Deadline for submissions, March 8th. Resumes will be reviewed and processed as received.
This position is based in New York, NY.
GBCHealth is the pre-eminent organization focused on business engagement in support of meeting global goals for health. Our vision is a global business community that contributes its assets, skills, influence and reach to create a healthier world for employees, their families, and communities. GBCHealth serves as a hub and a neutral convener for business engagement, catalyzing private sector action and investments, providing platforms to build knowledge and multi-stakeholder collaboration, driving programmatic and policy impact, and offering tools and advisory support to enhance a company’s ability to address health challenges in the workplace, in communities and collectively at a national, regional or global level.
GBCHealth works with companies worldwide to guide, support, encourage and champion their engagement in global health. GBCHealth is at an exciting transition point in its 18-year history. Having recently launched ABCHealth (African Business Coalition for Health), in partnership with the leading African private foundation, it is applying its years of experience to build and support the capacity of an African network of champions and leading businesses to address African health issues. To achieve its mission GBCHealth also works closely with the United Nations, U.S. government, many foreign governments, multilateral organizations and civil society.
Position Summary and responsibilities:
GBCHealth is looking to recruit a Communications and Front Office Coordinator, who will work across the organization assisting content development, operation, and program implementation, as well as providing logistical and administrative support to GBCHealth’s President. This position will report directly to the GBCHealth President.
The Communications & Front Office Assistant will:
- Coordinate newsletter and mailing creation including html formatting and list creation
- Maintain website and implement changes under direction of President and/or Head of Communications
- Manage all social media accounts (Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and work with President to refine social media strategy and source new opportunities to increase viewership
- Assist in the coordination and execution of meetings, teleconferences and events including logistics, invitations, sponsorships, agenda, speaker and partner management, media, on-site support, report writing/editing and event takeaways
- Maintain and customize knowledge management system (Salesforce.com) to manage internal users and operations, as well as provide support for external communication platforms; includes reporting and analytics; mail merge and e-mail template design and customization, troubleshooting, and training/managing internal users
- Conduct research on GBCHealth current and prospective partners, focusing on their business and CSR activities including health priorities, workplace programs, mergers, acquisitions and geographic priorities
- Assist in the development of external communication materials, briefings and presentations; work with teams to develop content, design and production of print and online publications and marketing materials
- Coordinate scheduling and administration for the President’s internal and external needs including Board outreach, meeting preparation, calendar management and travel logistics
- Support general administrative activities of the team, including all-staff meetings, meeting minutes, attendance records
- General trouble-shooting and other tasks as required or requested
- Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred, with at least one year of work experience in fast-paced office environment
- Exceptional writing skills (business writing a plus), along with basic research experience
- Proven ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Experience using Salesforce.com or similar CRM system desired
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with word press a plus
- Excellent customer-relations skills and high level of professionalism
- Knowledge or interest in international public health and development desirable
- Additional language a plus
GBCHealth values the contributions of all team members. This is a full-time, coordinator-level position, and is New York-based. Ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly organized with strong attention to detail, comfortable working within a small team, and having energy and enthusiasm. Good team player with strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor. Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team and multi-task, effectively prioritizing and producing a substantial volume of work in a fast-paced office.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications & Front Office Assistant” as the subject line. Please respond to the following questions in your cover letter: 1. What makes you especially qualified for this position? 2. What is most important to you about the office environment you work in?
Salary will be commensurate with experience. No phone calls please.
Deadline for submissions, March 8. Resumes will be reviewed and processed as received.