If you are interested in contributing to GBCHealth’s mission and have specific skills and expertise that you feel might help advance our programming and organizational development, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are especially interested in individuals with strong backgrounds in business, partnership development and public health.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Location: New York City
GBCHealth is the pre-eminent organization focused on business engagement in support of meeting global goals for health. Our vision is a global business community that contributes its assets, skills, influence and reach to create a healthier world for employees, their families, and communities. GBCHealth works with companies worldwide to guide, support, encourage and champion their engagement in global health. To achieve its mission GBCHealth also works closely with the United Nations, U.S. government, many foreign governments, multilateral organizations and civil society.
The Communications & Programs Internship offers a hands-on learning opportunity for graduate and senior undergraduate students, as well as recent graduates, who are seeking exposure to non-profit communications and management. The Intern will support GBCHealth’s range of communications activities and work areas, as well as help provide support to GBCHealth’s President and Director.
All interested candidates should be available part-time, full time preferred (minimum 20 hours per week).
Internship Summary and Responsibilities:
- Provide programmatic support to GBCHealth’s various programs
- Assist with the publication of GBCHealth’s monthly newsletter, including developing and drafting articles as well as assisting with design activities
- Social media activities, including developing original content and identifying opportunities to engage with ongoing discourse
- Update and maintain GBCHealth’s knowledge management system (Salesforce), which serves as an organizational hub for keeping track of outreach to partners and contacts, and is used for GBCHealth’s email communications
- Maintain and develop content for GBCHealth and partner websites, including writing short blurb articles for GBCHealth’s Around Global Health article series
- Assist with Front Office and Operations tasks as required, such as meeting/event preparation research and attending staff conference calls
- Assist in the development of communications materials, such as briefings and presentations
- Additional duties to be determined
Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and research skills suitable for varied audiences (corporate, NGO and academia)
- Strong organizational skills, close attention to detail and proactivity
- Ability to work independently, under supervision and in a team-based environment
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects with multiple and often competing deadlines
The following skills and experience are preferred, but not required:
- Ability to write and speak in French is a major plus
- Knowledge, interest and/or experience in international public health and development, as well as private sector philanthropy and investment
- Background in communications, public health, healthcare, non-profits, corporate engagement, advocacy and/or media
- Experience using Salesforce or another CRM or database management tool, or other related experience
- Experience using Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, preferably for an organization/corporation
- Experience with Adobe Creative applications (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML and/or WordPress
- Experience working in an international organization
- MPH (or related) graduate students
- Senior undergraduate students
- Recently grads with experience or interest in business and public health
GBCHealth’s Internship program provides students and professionals with a rich learning experience in a dynamic global organization. The program is not salaried; however a modest stipend will be provided.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should send a resume and brief cover letter to Matt Romney at email@example.com. In the subject line, please enter “GBCHealth Internship”. Please respond to the following questions in your cover letter:
- Why are you interested in GBCHealth and this position?
- What makes you especially qualified for this position?
Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis; we suggest applying as early as possible.